Minneapolis hail damage insurance, Minnesota Insurance, Minnesota roofing contractor
Even if you look at your roof after a hail storm and you don’t see any damage doesn’t mean the damage isn’t there. Hail storms can be quite powerful and although the issue may not be visible now doesn’t mean that it won’t make its self known in the form of a leak or shingles that seem to blow away when the wind blows at low speeds.
If you’re not sure what Minneapolis hail damage insurance is, it is insurance that helps you pay for damage that is done to your roof due to hail storms. This Minnesota insurance will save you a lot of money in roof repairs and replacement.
But if you don’t think you need Minneapolis hail damage insurance, think again. Here are some myths and facts surrounding hail damage:
• “There must not be any damage since no shingles are missing.” The truth behind this statement is that shingles don’t have to be missing. The only way they will be is if the wind blew the right way during the hail storm.
• “If I don’t have a leak, my roof must be fine.” All you need is for a hail storm to cause small cracks in your shingles. Those cracks grow over time and can cause leakage years down the road.
• “My roof is brand new and has a manufacturer’s warranty.” Although the manufacturer’s warranty may still be in place, hail damage is always excluded from the warranty.
• “I don’t have to file an insurance claim if there is very little damage.” If a Minnesota roofing contractor tells you that there is very little damage, you still are able to file a claim because damage is damage.
• “But my rates will increase if I file a claim.” Why have the insurance if you’re not going to file a claim to fix your roof? Your rates may rise, but rates rise eventually no matter what. Instead of paying your premium to pay for everyone else’s claims, make sure you make a claim when you need to.
• “My insurance will be canceled if I file a claim.” There are laws prohibiting insurance companies from doing this, so this should not be a worry.
After the hail storm MN
After a hail storm has occurred, call a Minnesota roofing contractor to take care of your roofing issue. Berkeshire Exteriors can take a look for you. All you need to do is call 763-746-4913 to arrange for an inspection. If you have insurance, you can take the damage information and make a claim. If you currently don’t have Minnesota hail damage insurance, now is the time to get it so that you can make claims in the future when damage occurs. Don’t be left with a bill that is bigger than what you should have to pay.